Kent enjoys solving problems and helping people find the best solution to their property management needs. He believes in putting the best interests of his tenants first, staying fully-engaged with projects start to finish, and delivering what was promised.
Kent earned his Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from the University of Kansas, then went on to earn a Master of Business Administration and Real Estate from UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School. Kent has over 41 years’ experience combined in Commercial Real Estate. Since joining Copaken Brooks, Kent manages a variety of properties ranging from Medical Office, Industrial flex space, land sites, suburban commercial office properties, and retail shopping centers.
Kent has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial property management including vendor negotiations and contracts; lease negotiations; annual and monthly budgets; long-term capital expenditure budgets and financing alternatives; supervision of maintenance and engineering personnel; development of engineering and maintenance tracking schedules; coordination of tenant finish projects; tenant relations; and marketing of available space.
Professional Designations & Awards
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Licensed salesperson (Kansas and Missouri)
Civic & Professional Engagement
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- The University of Kansas, Civil Engineering
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, Master of Business Administration, Real Estate