Diane is a highly motivated and experienced management professional with a wealth of knowledge in residential and commercial property management. Diane joined Copaken Brooks in February, 2019 and currently manages a varied portfolio that includes Western Auto Loft, an iconic three building condo community located in the Kansas City Crossroads Art District, Andrew McMeel University Building in the downtown corridor, and Midwest Gateway Ventures in Edgerton, Missouri.
She is an experienced property manager and regional property manager with more than 17 years in all aspects residential property management (condo, multi-family, conventional, tax credit, affordable) and 10 years in commercial/facilities management. Diane’s previous apartment community won the Apartment Association of Kansas City’s Crystal Merit Award for Best Property of the Year in five of the last seven years, while exceeding budgeted NOI for 10 consecutive years. She has also be awarded Property Manager of the Year four times.
Diane is responsible for day-to-day management of her properties, including the daily operations, service requests, service contracts, monthly financial reporting and preparation of annual operation and capital improvement budgets; and is known for building strong, dedicated teams and taking troubled assets into cash flowing properties in a matter of months. Her ownership of the properties she manages is something she passes on to her team.
Professional Designations & Awards
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM)
- Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS)
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS)
- Housing Compliance Manager-HUD (HCM-H)
- Licensed Salesperson (Missouri)
Notable Projects & Clients
- Western Auto Lofts
- Andrew McMeel University
- Midwest Gateway Ventures
Civic & Professional Engagement
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Member of Apartment Association of Kansas City
- Member of National Apartment Association
- North Carolina State University, Communication Technologies and Political Science