As a leader with proven experience transforming mid-market companies to accelerate growth, Mr. Wietharn joined Copaken Brooks in 2014 as President & Chief Operating Officer. In this role, he is responsible for maximizing growth and investment value for nearly $1 billion in real estate portfolio assets. His focus is on increasing real estate asset value for investors, as well as expanding operating services for investment acquisition and sales, development, brokerage, asset management, property management, finance, marketing, IT, and human capital.
Mr. Wietharn has built his career helping mid-market growth-oriented organizations accelerate business performance. Before joining Copaken Brooks, Mr. Wietharn was CEO of a privately held $100 million Manufacturing company, with branded global retail stores, and product distribution through large retailers including PetSmart, Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Costco, and Sam’s Club. He successfully developed and executed a 3-year growth plan that resulted in a successful sale to private equity.
Prior to this, Mr. Wietharn spent 10 years as a Principal and founding member of MarketSphere, where he helped grow an emerging business/technology consulting firm into a national firm that was acquired by Grant Thornton. While there, he helped mid-market and Fortune 1000 clients increase value by transforming elements of their business to enhance profitability. Before Marketsphere, Mr. Wietharn spent over 10 years as a business/technology consultant with global firms Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), Arthur Andersen, and Xerox Business Services, where he helped clients across many industries implement sales, marketing, finance, accounting, real estate, IT, operations, supply chain, and human capital solutions.
Professional Designations & Awards
- Forty Under 40, Ingram’s Magazine
- Centurions, Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Corporate Achievers Award, National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson – Missouri
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson – Kansas
Civic & Professional Engagement
- Downtown Council of Kansas City – Downtown Community Improvement District, Board Chair
- Johnson County Appraiser’s Office, Reappraisal Advisory Council Member
- Association for Corporate Growth – Kansas City Chapter
- Kansas City Sports Commission & Foundation, past Executive Committee/Board Member
- American Cancer Society – Midwest Chapter, past Advisory Board Member
- Gillis Home for Children, past Executive Committee/Board Member
- United Way, past Community Ambassador
- Princeton University, B.A. Economics, Finance emphasis